The Day of Your Visit
- How old should we be?
- How long can we stay?
- Can we park our car?
- Where can we put all our stuff?
- I’m a Special Hobbling with Needs. Can I use my wheels?
- We are cycling to Hobbledown. Where is safe to leave our bikes?
- What should we wear?
- Do you have first aid facilities on site?
- Can we come to Hobbledown if it’s raining?
- We have bought tickets but sadly can’t go?
- I want to tell you about my visit, who should I write to?
- Can we leave our children with you?
- I’m hungry! Where can we eat?
- Can we touch all the animals?
- Can we feed the animals?
- My dog wants to come too. Can it?
- What discounts do you do?
- Are there any restrictions for the High Ropes Course?
- How long do I get inside the indoor Play Barn?
- Can I smoke in the outdoor areas?
- Can I visit without a child?
A) Grown-ups are never too old to play but we do consider our main age group for children to be 2 to 13 years old. Our play areas are all exciting and challenging and children are to be supervised at all times.
A) Arrive when we open and and stay until we close! However, we sometimes have time restrictions in the indoor Hobblings Play Barn. This is only at very busy times of the year and we limit our guests to a maximum 1 hour 30 minute stay so that all our visiting Hobblings can have fun. There are no time restrictions for the outside areas. To see our full opening and closing times please click here.
A) Yes. We have our own car park but we are also keen to encourage customers to car share whenever possible, minimizing the number of car journeys to our attraction. If you come by bus and show us your receipt for the journey, you will get money off your admission ticket. Click here for bus routes.
A) We have large and small hobble-holes by the entrance to Hobbledown where you can lock away all your bits and bobs.
A) There are hard standing footpaths to most areas of Hobbledown; however a lot of the play areas are, due to their natural composition, inaccessible and not wheel-friendly.
A) Yes of course! We have a cycle park where you can leave your bikes, just opposite the entrance building. (Don’t forget to bring a lock!) We also have a map you can download showing you all the cycle routes near Hobbledown.
A) Hobbledown is all about adventurous play, both indoors and out, so please wear long sleeve tops and trousers that you don’t mind getting a little scruffy or a little wet. Being a farm, we do get wet and muddy when it rains so a pair of wellies and a spare set of clothes is always a good idea. Mothers please remember that Hobbledown is a “NO HIGH HEEL ZONE!”
A) Accidents are rare but we do need to be prepared so we have a policy that all senior team and full time team members are first aid trained. We also have a dedicated first aid room in our play barn.
A) Hobbledown looks quite wonderful and mysterical in the rain but if you (or older Hobblers!) do want to keep dry then we have a large (14,000sq/ft) indoor play barn should the heavens decide to open.
A) Tickets are only valid for the day of issue however Hobblers are not unreasonable people, so if there is a genuine and reasonable reason, then we will do our very best to accommodate any changes.
A) The Hobblers are always happy to hear from you so please email: email@example.com or write to us at Hobbledown, Horton Lane, Horton, KT19 8PT.
A) No way!! All children under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times.
A) We have the fantastic HOBNOSH restaurant in the main barn where you can order anything from wraps, soups and salads to a great selection of scrumptious hot dishes. The CABIN by the pond also sells a smaller selection of hot and cold drinks, ice creams and tasty snacks. Only food purchased from HOBNOSH may be consumed inside the indoor play barn. You can download the HOBNOSH menu here.
A) In the petting corner we have a selection of animals that love coming out for a gentle stroke. This is the only area for animal contact.
A) We don’t sell animal feed as the Hobblers must take great care that the animals are not overfed. We do run controlled feeding sessions during the day but this is a team supervised activity.
A) Sorry but our Hobbledown animals do not like other creature visitors so it is not possible to bring dogs or any other pets. The only exception to this is assistant dogs, although some areas are excluded such as the Wallaby and Mara Walk-through and the petting zones. Please be warned that the car park is very open and provides very little shade. Dogs die in hot cars so please keep them safe and leave your pets at home!
A) All discounts and offers are listed via our Hoblog, E-news and Facebook pages. Please subscribe or ‘like us’ if you want to be the first to know. However customers arriving after 3pm can save up to 30% off the normal admission price 7 days a week.
A) We do have a few restrictions which are all for the safety of the children, please have a look at the list below:
- Height – minimum height of child is 1.30 metres.
- Footwear – Suitable eg: no flip flops or sandles.
- Hair – Long hair will need to be tied back with a hair tie.
- Weather – When raining, the metal and wood gets slippery so the high ropes will need to be temporarily closed until the rain stops and the high ropes have been reassessed for safety before re-opening.
- Opening times – The High Ropes Course is only open (weather permitting) at certain times during school holidays and weekends. Please call to find out opening times on these days. Our school holidays are aligned to Surrey County Council. You can find a list of term dates here http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/learning/schools/school-term-dates
A) Included in your admission price is 90 min in the indoor playbarn. Ticketed time slots are allocated on first come first served basis at time of entry. The times are: 9am – 11.30am; 11.45am – 1.15pm; 1.30pm – 3pm; 3.15pm – 4.45pm; 5pm – 7pm.
Can I visit without a child?
A) Hobbledown is a family attraction that has been built and designed for children and adults to play, learn and have fun together. It is our policy not to allow adults into Hobbledown without children and, likewise, not to allow children into Hobbledown without an adult to supervise them.
Q) Can I smoke in the outdoor areas?
A) No. Hobbledown is a completely smoke free zone. The animals don’t like it, and neither do the children.