Children love to read and write stories
By inviting an author into the classroom they can further their creative development by understanding how a story is created, where the idea has come from and how it can be recreated into a magical world like Hobbledown.
Hobbledown the book is a classic adventure story with riddles and rhymes throughout intended to introduce fun and imaginative formats to its readers. The ‘Riddles, Rhymes and Mysterical Times’ workshop is suitable for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Children can learn about the unique world of Hobbledown and have fun creating their own rhymes and riddles either through creative writing or illustration and description.
- Age Range: Reception ─ Year 6. This is offered for individual year groups up to a maximum of 10 mini workshops.
- Introduction to the book of Hobbledown and other creative works by the author.
- Visual fun using glime and crystals to introduce the ‘Crystallite Mine’ at Hobbledown and the use of glime responsible for so much mischief in the book.
- Discussion of the Potenesian language used by the Hobblers and the creation of Potenesian names for all the animals at Hobbledown.
- Reading of the opening poem from Hobbledown.
- Chat with the author. This is a great moment for the children to ask questions about Hobbledown and life as a writer.
- Workshop created to suit each year group. Key Stage 1 ─ animal poems are provided offering guidance to write or draw creatures they imagine may live at Hobbledown. Key Stage 2 ─ Girls have a worksheet entitled ‘Daydreams and Fairy Things’ whilst boys have ‘Glime and Slippery Goo’.
If you would like to book Angela Kecojevic to visit your school, please email her at email@example.com.
Read what some happy customers have to say
My son had a Laser Tag party for his 7th birthday and it was brilliant. He and his friends had a great time and even some of the adults joined in. It was a great atmosphere and the fact you get the indoor play barn to yourselves for the laser action was brilliant.