An update for our guests…
It has been a while since we provided an update to all our customers, whether they be members visiting every week or guests visiting once a year.
Like the whole country we have been following the daily government announcements and monitoring how the pandemic is progressing. Given the government’s latest guidance, which suggests there is a possibility attractions might be able to open in July we felt we could update our customers accordingly with our own plans.
Hobbledown’s income comes from customers enjoying our facilities either as day guests, members, part of a school trip/ group visit or as a birthday party guest and then once on site eating and drinking. The whole leisure, tourism, travel, entertainment, and recreation industry has been closed since the end of March 2020. As with lots of other businesses we have had no income (with the exception of those generous customers who have ‘adopted an animal’ at Hobbledown) and the vast majority of our team are without work, but are part of the government’s furlough scheme.
As a reminder to all our customers we are re-scheduling all pre-booked tickets and birthday parties and have frozen all memberships. We have suspended collections from Direct Debit customers and for our paid in full members, on re-opening, your pass will be extended by the length of time we have been closed.
We have a small team still working at Hobbledown only; predominantly our animal and maintenance team. Being our very own Key Workers, they have made sacrifices and we are very grateful for the work they are doing.
Some of you reading this have kindly completed the survey that we put out last week. This was to gauge the thoughts and opinions of our client base on what would be expected and how safe you would feel about returning to Hobbledown or Kidspace
We expect, once businesses in our industry are permitted to reopen, that they will be very different to the ones they left behind, maybe for just a short period of time but possibly for a lot longer.
Our assumptions so far:
- There will have to be protection for our team and customers, in addition to the numerous wash stations, we will provide multiple sanitiser stations throughout the site to provide customers and team the opportunity regularly wash/sanitise their hands. You should also expect to see some team wearing face masks or face screens
- There will significantly reduced visitor numbers because of the need to maintain social distancing guidelines at our sites
- The only way we feel that we can manage that is to have a limited number of timed sessions per day with a maximum number of visitors per session.
- So we can effectively manage visitor numbers, all guests(Members and day visitors) will have to pre book their visits to our park online. Doing this avoids unnecessary interaction between team and customers and means capacities are always kept at manageable levels.
- Hobbledown will no longer accept cash and all payments on site will have to be made by contactless payment terminals on site.
- It’s very likely that food and drink orders will have to be done via a mobile food order app or website and guests can then pick up when its ready or it can be delivered to a table
- We are likely to only be open for 5 days a week to enable us to carry out more regular deep cleaning in addition to the daily cleaning duties.
We feel that a lot of these changes whilst challenging for us as operators are really positive for our customers and will once adopted lead to customers having a better time at our parks. They will spend less time in queues and spend more time doing what they came to do which was to have fun.
Stay safe, keep smiling and see you on the other side