18 May 2022
There’s no need to be glum if you’re not jetting off on holiday this Half Term, we’ve got a different kind of passport you can enjoy here at home!
As part of Love Your Zoo Week we’ll take you on an adventure with our new Rumpletump's Discovery Trail.
Grab a copy of the booklet during your visit and learn all about the unique animals here at Hobbledown as you go round collecting stamps at their enclosures. You even get a prize at the end for collecting them all!
Other activities planned for Love Your Zoo Week, which runs from May 28th to June 5th, include:
- Meet and greet sessions with the farmyard favourites [12pm] and creepy crawlies [3pm]
- Visit our Raptor Centre, home to an impressive collection of hawks, falcons and owls [open 10am to 5pm]
- Watch as the birds of prey take to the skies during flying demonstrations [11.30am and 3pm excluding Wednesday, weather permitting]
- Check out our animal walkthroughs, we have them for the wallabies, lorikeets, goats and giant rabbits
- Rainforest sessions at 10.45, 1.15pm and 4pm
- Educational talks with the Zookeepers [Giant tortoises at 10.30am; Meerkats at 11.30am and 3.30pm; Lemus 11.45am and 2.30pm]
As well as Love Your Zoo Week happening, there’ll be all of the family favourites open including our Hobbtastic High Ropes Course, Zorbing Arena, and award winning adventure play villages. Plus story time in The Thinkery,
*Love Your Zoo week is an annual nationwide event which aims to promote the important work zoos do in conservation, education and research.