Feed the Capybaras
(Suitable for ages 6+)
At Hobbledown Heath you can get face to face with the world’s largest (and laziest!) rodent. Bring your wellies for this one as you join our experienced animal team to feed some yummy treats to our Capybara family. Selfies are 100% approved!
What you need to know:
- Capybaras are calm and gentle giants, so Feed the Capybaras is suitable for even the youngest of hobblers, at age 6+!
- Please bring wellies! Participants will be taken into the capybara enclosure, so footwear suited to muck and mud is required.
- The experience lasts 15 - 20 minutes
- Participants will be given some browse, cos lettuce or other type of feed, and an animal team member will take you into the enclosure and teach you how to feed the capybara safely
- Meet the keepers! Q&A with the capybara caretakers will be available throughout the session, along with plenty of educational facts
- Bring your camera! There will be plenty of great photo opportunities...
Prices from only £35 per person!
Meet our chilled-out capybaras...
- Disclaimers must be read and signed prior to the experience.
- Max 4 guests per timeslot for Feed the Capybaras
- This is an add-on experience; Hobbledown Heath day entry is sold separately
- Participants will be provided Nitrile gloves and will be required to wash their hands following the experience
- This experience is part of Hobbledown Heath’s FACE to FACE Ambassador Animal Programme
- T&Cs subject to change