Get up close and personal with these magnificent birds!
Handle Birds of Prey
(Suitable for ages 8+)
You can now Handle a Bird of Prey on the glove for £25 per person.
- Duration: Up to 20 mins.
- Cost: £25 per person
- Suitable for children aged 8+
- Limited to three participants per session
- This session involves handling birds on the glove but does not include flying
- Our experience room can be a little chilly! Please dress warmly
(Suitable for ages 8+)
Take part in a private talk and mini flying demonstration in our small, softly lit experience room. There will be the chance to handle a couple of the owls at the end if you wish, as well as wander round The Raptor Centre in the evening light, listening to the wild Tawny Owls that are heard most nights...
- Duration: Up to 90 mins
- Cost: £20 per person - please note that everyone coming along to the experience must buy a ticket, whether they wish to handle the birds or not
- Children 17 and under must be supervised by a full paying adult
- Maximum of ten people per experience
- Our paths can be uneven, so flat shoes/trainers are recommended.
- Although this is an indoor experience, there is no heating in our Experience Room, and we therefore advise dressing warmly.
- NocturnOWL runs on Saturdays and Sundays throughout November, December, February and March, with a 2pm start time
- An admission ticket into Hobbledown is not required, unless you wish to explore the park beforehand.
Please see the bottom of the page for further T&Cs
- Disclaimers must be read and signed prior to all Bird of Prey experiences.
- Unless stated otherwise, admission to the park is charged separately.
- All animal experiences take place at the times specified on the website - please make sure you book your Hobbledown day tickets in accordance with these times.
- Spectators will not be able to accompany the person undertaking the experience into the enclosure itself, but will be able to view them from the external area of the enclosure.
- Booking on the day is subject to availability. Guests are able to book on site at reception.
- Experiences available throughout the year excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- In the event of poor weather meaning that the birds are unable to fly, the opportunity to reschedule will be available subject to availability or an alternative experience will be offered.
- T&Cs subject to change
CLICK HERE for important info about medical conditions and allergies