Our dedication to conservation
Hobbledown commits fully to the preservation and conservation of species both locally, and internationally. A member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) we embrace the values and obligation to not only educate our guests on current conservation issues, but to be active participants in these valuable programmes.
How Can You Help?
- Visit Hobbledown and learn more about our efforts to support both local and international conservation programmes.
- Sign up for our animal experiences and meet our expert animal team who are always happy to have a chat about conservation.
- Donate to help support our conservation programmes during your visit or contact us direct on how you can donate to the cause.
- Feed some goats - Did you know that a percentage of the feed sold in our machines goes toward conservation projects? Have fun interacting with our goatie friends and support conservation at the same time.
- Come back and visit us and our website often and keep up to date on all that we are working on.
- Your support makes a difference and ensures that we can continue our work supporting conservation and preserving wildlife.
Please note that some of our conservation partners are registered charities and if so, it is specifically stated. Although donations to listed projects and programmes are appreciated, The Escapade Group, Hobbledown and Hobbledown Heath are NOT a registered charity. Please contact us directly if you have questions about donating to our conservation work.
Current Conservation Projects...
International Otter Survival Fund (IOSF)
Hobbledown are proud supporters of the International Otter Survival Fund - the only UK charity dedicated to the conservation, care and protection of otters. IOSF works tirelessly around the globe to educate the public on the importance of otters, conserve and protect natural otter habitats, combat illegal fur and pet trade of otters, and to provide specialist care of native UK species of otters at their rescue centre located on the Isle of Skye.
Donation boxes can be found near our Asian smalled clawed otter enclosure at Hobbledown in Epsom, or you can contact us direct to help ontribute to this amazing charity.
100% of all funds collected are sent directly to IOSF.
IOSF Charity Number: SC003875
Native Species Alert!
Rewilding The COPSE
Rennovation of an existing area to include several educational components while additionally creating a wildlife haven to allow native species on site to thrive. Bees, butterflies, insects, hedgehogs, native birds of prey.
If you would like to help, please consider donating to this worthwhile project. Your contributions will go directly to material costs (plants, flowers, etc) in returning this area to a natural haven for native species.
Lugger Falcon - Breeding Programme
(The Raptor Centre & Project Lugger)
In coordination with Project Lugger the Raptor Centre has accepted a breeding loan of a male Lugger falcon to pair with its' female. Fingers are crossed this will be a successful union between these two amazing birds.
The project's mission is to halt the decline of the species and through monitored domestic pairing and breeding in the UK the programme is building a diverse gene pool to ensure the success of this species.
Stop by the Raptor Centre at Hobbledown on your next visit and inquire for more information about this fantastic programme!
Native Species Alert!
Project Nature Reserve
(Joint Project with Hobbledown Heath)