Hobbledown is a great place to work
Your days will be varied and exciting and you will be part of a hard working and fun team.
If we are recruiting details will be posted below. If not, we are still interested in receiving CVs from enthusiastic and hard-working people. If you feel you are a suitable candidate please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any job openings at the moment. Please come back again later.
Part-time animal host required
Primarily to work weekdays and school / bank holidays, however some weekdays would be advantageous.
- Engage with visitors by delivering exceptional public talks
- To undertake keeper experience days to a high standard
- To ensure the highest standard of animal welfare is being adhered to at all times.
- To be competent with handling, in particular small domestics, herptiles and invertebrates.
- Man walkthrough enclosures such as our Wallaby and Mara, engaging with customers whilst undertaking husbandry care.
Full training will be given, however the candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience working with animals in a zoo / farm environment and have gained an understanding of their husbandry and enrichment needs.
- Studying for diploma in animal care or equivalent
- Good communication skills, enthusiasm and an outgoing and friendly personality
- Experience is undertaking daily keeper talks, thus requiring good presentation skills
- A presentable appearance, flexible in their approach to work, totally reliable, and to be able to work effectively both within a team and on their own when the need arises
- An ability to communicate well with guests and other team members
- A full driving licence preferred
Due to the expected number of applicants we will only continue those shortlisted for interview.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 21/02/19
(W) = Weekends Only
(WSH) = Weekends and School Holidays
(PTWD) = Part-time Weekdays
(30hrs+) = Full-time hours including most Weekends and School Holidays
(18yrs+) = This is a H&S Requirement
(WSHW) = Weekdays, School Holidays and Weekends
We require reliable, hard-working individuals who are willing to adhere to company values, along with a friendly character and constant smile.
Hobbledown complies with the National Minimum Wage, you must be 16 and have completed your GCSE’s to work at Hobbledown.
Due to business needs, applicants will need to be available for the majority of the school holidays (if the job role states this). Applicants will be unsuccessful if availability does not reflect this.
Read what some happy customers have to say
It was great to find something new that the kids hadn’t all done before at a party. Both girls and boys seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. It was very easy as a parent, especially not having to do food or party bags – party bags particularly good. Parents and kids all had a great time.